Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Car Review ==> Volvo S40


December 27th, 2011 @ 17:29

As I am a car designer, but received at the University of specialty, does not bother me not to understand the models and brands of cars. When I was asked to take a test-drive Volvo S40, I asked my colleagues:
- What is it though for such a car?
- It's like Varlamov, only the sedan. Bury. Do not want to give ...




1. I asked to give me a simple (low-cost) option. On the S40 the new model year (2012) are placed on the engines of 2.0 liters and manual Powershift. Price in the base configuration starts with 900,000.






2. The first night I went to photograph the car. With him I had a flashlight shtatovskih police.




3. Very quickly I realized that the pictures of the black car at night - it's a silly exercise. Then I took the phone, opened the note and prepared to write shortcomings car.




4. Day came, and filled with a list of deficiencies in no hurry. The machine is more and more like her.



5.



6. Very convenient to open the car with the smart key. Do not have to remember to rummage in his pockets)




7. Externally S40 looks like a smaller copy of S60. Nice, sleek design. In the stream of machine stands out.




8. I often have to work on all kinds of construction projects Dangle and technical area. Patency in S40 was much better than my Mazda 3.



9. Despite the compact size of the car, the trunk was roomy.




10.




11. Interior design lightweight, easy, airy, but ... rather small. But a lot of options in seat adjustments. Luke, the very most, it's great. But the micro-glove compartment - no. White interior for my lifestyle and work - not a practical option.



12. Center console.




13.




14. Soundproofing cabin was acceptable, but less than I expected. This is despite the massive doors.




15. After the first 10 minutes drive away, I turned off Blis (information system of a car in "blind spot") as well as from our Moscow traffic is going crazy. Then, each time getting into the car, had to disable these tips.




16. Quality materials significantly better than the same Mazda. The rear seats are transformed into children's chairs (for children from 3 years) - this is a great solution that does not require any additional shims under the ass baby.




17. Very comfortable and pleasant seat belts.




18. On-board computer relationship did not exist. At first I did not understand how to operate it and decided to clean it up (it folds), but could not do it. The screen is hard climb back! Then I found the navigation buttons. After a few minutes of setup map and a route, I decided to remove the browser and it does not get more. Manage maps, directions and zoom - the most uncomfortable that I have found in this machine.




19. The control buttons on the steering wheel hid computer. If you go to "co-driver", it is still the driver himself will have to plot a route.




20. Very interesting and incomprehensible thing for me - On call. Interesting - because you can control certain functions of the car from your phone. For example to find the car in the huge parking lot close (if forgotten), check the fuel level, pre-heat the engine and so on. Misunderstood - because the car park of the press can not be activated and tested.




21.




22. Dashboard simple and beautiful.




23. The sound in the car for 5 +




24. Now I realize my friends and acquaintances who love cars Volvo)


No comments:

Post a Comment